Joe Cucchiara from Real Estate Radio Live welcomes in Keyrenter Silicon Valley owner, Chapin Hemphill, to explain the new criminal screening background guidelines announced by the Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) in April.
Chapin tells Joe about the initial reactions from landlords and tenants and why landlords should quell their fears of discrimination lawsuits. Also discussed today:
- How has the new policy changed the application process?
- What would indicate you were discriminated against?
- Unintentional discrimination
- Gray areas for rental properties to be aware of
- What should property owners be doing to keep in compliance with the new laws?
- What happens when a complaint is filed?
Listen to the podcast here: http://radiolive.rerl.libsynpro.com/huds-new-guidelines-on-criminal-background-screenings-with-chapin-hemphill